These Nutella Lava Cookies are comprised of a soft and sweet cookie base that is stuffed with Nutella. Once baked up, the Nutella melts and oozes into each and every bite.
Cookie shops dot the map in Utah and one of the best happens to be a place called Crumbl. One of my favorite cookies on their menu is a Nutella stuffed cookie. I knew I wanted to make my own version and this Nutella Lava Cookie was inspired by their tasty treat.
This recipe begins with a basic, soft and sweet base. You then roll into 1-1/2 inch balls and flatten. On half of the flattened cookies place a dollop of Nutella.
After that, place a plain flattened cookie over the top.
Seal the cookie together and roll gently to form a ball. Place on cookie sheet.
Repeat for all the dough.
Once each cookie is baked, drizzle the top with melted Nutella.
These cookies are absolute DIVINE! If you love Nutella, then you absolutely have to make these cookies!
Nutella Lava Cookies
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2¾ cup flour
- Small jar of Nutella, you won’t use the whole thing
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat again.
- Add salt, baking soda, and flour and mix until just combined.
- Roll ½ of the dough into 1-1/2 inch balls and make a well in the center of each ball with your thumb.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of Nutella into the well.
- Divide the rest of the dough into ½ inch balls and flatten into a circular disk that fits over the Nutella.
- Press the sides together and then gently roll into balls.
- Freeze cookie balls for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place frozen dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Heat about ½ cup of Nutella in the microwave for about 30 seconds and then drizzle over the top of each cookie.