If you haven’t heard yet, we released a Chocolate Sprinkled Doughnut Protein Bar just a hot minute ago. If you haven’t tried it yet, you should! If you have and you want to get creative with your cravings, check out this recipe. These poppable doughnut holes have the look, taste, and texture of your typical doughnut holes, but these ones have 6g of protein apiece. That’s something like a 600% increase in protein from your store-bought doughnut holes. So what are you waiting for, get poppin’!
CHOCOLATE DOUGHNUT HOLES
Yields: 12 Servings | Serving Size: 1 doughnut hole
Calories: 140 | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Net Carbs: 7g
Total Carb: 14g
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 14-16 mins | Total Time: 55 mins (includes cooling time)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a mini muffin pan or a cast iron aebleskiver pan with non-stick spray.
- Cut the Quest Protein Bar into small pieces and place them into a food processor or blender on high until small chunks form — then transfer to a bowl.
- Add in the almond flour, oat flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, sweetener, baking soda, baking powder and salt and stir until combined.
- Add in the eggs, pumpkin puree, heavy cream and vanilla and stir until a batter forms.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of batter into each mold and bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Repeat until you have used all the batter.
- Batter makes 20 doughnut holes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth.
- Dip each doughnut hole top into the chocolate.
- Top with sprinkles and chill until chocolate is solid.